With more companies competing against each other in the web development world. It has become more difficulty to find a company that suits your needs when creating a website. Here are some points you can look out for when finding a web design company.
1. Check their office size and location To determine their legitimacy. It is good to know where their office location are so you will know your choices does not present any risk of fraud. If you are still in doubt, arrange with the company of your choice to meet up in their office.
eFusion is located in a centralized location and just out of the CBD zone in the cosy Beach Road. Map here
2. Determine the company credibility Other than checking the company location, it is also good to see if they have awards, recognitions or certifications shown on their websites, since all of these allow you to gauge what level of standard the company have. However, all these rewards can be bought easily. A modern way of checking is via their Facebook / Google reviews.
3. Portfolio If allowed, ask the company the show their past works. Doing this allow you to see what kind of client have they worked with before and give you an idea of their capabilities, it is also good to look for the small details of the website so you can consider if they are able to meet your standards or exceed it.
eFusion has a massive portfolio on Ecommerce website and large company corporate website.
4. Timeline. Do you need this project be done quickly? Is there a launch date you have in mind? Make sure that the company that you are working with can plan out a reasonable timeline as it will help the website to process smoothly. Also remember to ask if they still need to work on the website or not once it goes live.
5. Meeting the team One of the most important thing is to meet the team, by doing this will let you know if the company you’re working with has their own employee or some quickly assembled freelancers, be careful if the answers isn’t forthcoming. There are also many local web company using offshore resources from Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam etc. You will have a hard time communicating with their offshore designer and developer.
6. Do they use SEO/SEM Any web development company who knows the importance SEO/SEM must have first-hand experience since both methods are important in driving qualified traffic to a website. If you cannot find this web company in Google search, then they are most probably weak in that area.
7. Being up to date with industry With the web development industry always changing rapidly, you will need a company to operate at the same or better efficiency, doing this will keep your business running with up to date idea, doing this will remove any chances of becoming obsolete.
8. Additional support once live To some, a website can be considered a living entity, always changing to suit the needs of new technology, user preferences and habits. So you may want to find a company that will support you even after the website have being launched as there may be still technical problems that are not found before that.
At eFusion, eCommerce websites come with 5 years technical support inclusive.
Add a comment
FRONT END DEVELOPMENT -
Everything you see when you access the website from the pictures to the text.
BACK END DEVELOPMENT -
Everything that you can’t see that makes the website work, for example how a submission button works.
FILE TRANSFER PROTOCOL -
One of the method to transfer files from computer to computer
Some of the elements that are stored as it would allow the user to access the website faster the next time they access the same website.
“Graphical User Interface.” Image of how the website will look like after it’s being developed fully but there might still be some difference.
UX UX -
stands for user experience when the user uses the system. For example they might have some user interface issues when they use it or they might have a good experience.
The address for a website as entered into the browser. If your server is the land your website is built on and the hosting is its house, the domain is its mailing address.
Content management system allow users with no web programming knowledge to edit things at the website and manage it as well as someone who are good at programming. WordPress for example is a free and open source CMS
OPEN SOURCE -
Software that contain codes that everyone could access and modify the codes to be their own one.
A Hero image is a large web banner, normally placed at the center of the website. It presents an overview of the website’s most important content
Plugins is a small software that contain a lot of functions. For example there are plugins that could help you duplicate the pages in your website.
Search Engine Optimisation is the process of increasing the ranking of the website in as search results.
DOMAIN REGISTRAR -
An organization that give out domain names under their top level-domain to those who ask. For example, one of the organization is Namecheap.
A method to do project that focuses on the process rather than the final outcome.
Hyper Text Markup Language, the standard language for building websites. HTML is the design of the site, the code that create the site
Cascading Style Sheets is like a way to design and format the presentation of the HTML.
EMBED CODE -
It allows content from other website to be displayed in yours. For example you could embed a YouTube video and allow the user to just watch the videos on your site instead of accessing the official YouTube website.
MySQL is a open source relational database management system that uses structured query language to add and edit the content inside the database.
RESPONSIVE WEB DEVELOPMENT -
Design that all the users to have the same experience when browsing through the website no matter what devices they use.
The story of Bynd Artisan is inextricably tied to the lives of our master craftsmen and to the legacy of our founding company, which spans a period of over 60 years today. Through the years, the business of bookbinding has moved inexorably with the progress of technology.
The previous Singapore website needed a revamp for:
Their current website is now 100% mobile responsive. The E-shop is presented in a neater way with improved navigation. We provided training for staff so that they could easily update content on the website.
Besides the points mentioned above, the new site also has:
If you want someone to remember your message--in a presentation, an article, or a report--tell them a story. With the short attention span of modern web users and for aesthetical reasons - having less texts on your frontpage is the way to go.
Add a comment