Star Living provides high quality furniture that are aesthetically pleasing and functional. They carry a wide variety of furniture that can be used in homes as well as offices. Our extensive web design and development scope also included advanced features for bundling, unique delivery handling and spliting, SAP integration and other features which were lacking on their previous shopify platform.
Star Living is a one-stop furniture and furnishing store specially catered for the busy city dwellers in Singapore. They carry seven signature house brands — Star, Mondi Lifestyle, LUCANO, JotterGoods, Aartical, BEDz Store and American Star. With a long heritage dating back to 1981, Star International now has a strong presence in Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, and China with a total of 17 retail showrooms and an export network of over 30 countries.
They had an online store running on Shopify showcasing their massive collection. However over time the site proved to be costly to maintain because of Shopify’s subscription model, numerous paid plugins and restrictive features. Star Living approached eFusion Technology to build their own e-commerce store so that they would have more control over the way their products are listed, categorised and sold.
To better harmonise Star Living’s online store shopping experience with their physical ones, our team developed their e-commerce website with the following features:
- Synced with their SAP ERP system that can pull information and display them on the online store. Customers are able to see the product stock availability at different outlets should they prefer to purchase it at the physical store. For out-of-stock furnitures, the next estimated shipment date is also displayed.
- Products can be sold in bundles to offer greater deals. On the product page, customers will see ‘product is also available in pack’ for certain products, to entice them to purchase more at a discounted price. The bundles can also be customised such as the dining table sets where they can choose the type of chairs all in one product page before adding to cart.
- To manage delivery schedules, on the checkout page there is a delivery calendar where customers can indicate their preferred delivery time slot. Star Living could set the lead time, time slot availability and cut-off period on the backend. Certain delivery postal codes could also have surcharge fees attached to them.
- Integration of referral IDs for salesmen to earn commission even for online orders. Every salesman has a unique URL that they can share with their customers, which can also be displayed as a QR code on their employee badge in-stores. If the salesman had attended to an in-store customer who ends up buying the product online instead using his referral link, he can still earn a commission on that sale.
- For a more efficient delivery arrangement, Star Living makes use of their own delivery team for bulky items and another courier for smaller items. The system can split an order into 2 separate orders when a customer checks out both furnitures and accessories. This helps Star Living to organise orders better and forward them to the appropriate teams.