SPK Singapore Pte Ltd
SPK Singapore Pte Ltd was established in Singapore in 1980 under the name Daido Automotive Products Pte. Ltd., as an indenting office of Daido Enterprise Co., Ltd, Japan. They have been in the Singapore Automotive industry for over 40 years, and their online store catalog contains a wide range of brands and over 8000 car parts and accessories. The entire ecommerce project scope covers Design, Build, advance features for components selling, and integration with Dewtouch ERP and shipping providers.
SPK Singapore Pte Ltd is a Japanese automotive parts supplier that has been well-established in Singapore for over 40 years. Their online store catalog contains a wide range of brands and over 8000 car parts and accessories. To date, SPK Singapore has exported products to over 35 countries.
They had primarily been in the B2B business selling products through the traditional paper invoices way. As a mature company they were looking to branch out into online selling to improve the company’s digital image and brand awareness. SPK Singapore started listing products on FitinPart, an online automotive marketplace. However they encountered challenges in syncing their online orders with their ERP system.
Hence SPK Singapore engaged eFusion Technology to build their very own e-commerce website with the following advanced features:
- The major reason for having their own e-commerce website is that they could integrate their DewTouch ERP system with the e-commerce store. With an inventory of over 8000 items, synchronisation of stocks and orders is crucial. An automated scheduled update of the stock list is pulled from the ERP system to the online store at a scheduled interval. Likewise when an order is placed, it will be reflected in the ERP system too. The system will also check for stock availability before an order is placed as an added layer of verification.
- To facilitate precise product search, the team designed an advanced product filtering by product category. The product filter search appears on every page for easy accessibility. With this filter, a customer can narrow down the product search result by vehicle year, model, to the exact engine part number.
- For a more user-friendly shopping experience, the shopping cart page allows selective products to checkout. The remaining products on cart will be saved to the customer’s account should they need to checkout the rest at a later time.
- The e-store caters to different configurations of product packs. Certain products that are bundled in packs have a fixed multiplier quantity on the product page. Instead of an increment by 1, they can set a fixed quantity with every increment so a customer could purchase the product only in sets of 2 or 3 and so on.
- Taking into account the thousands of products in their e-store, the e-store website runs on a Cloud server with CDN for faster web serving and a seamless user experience.