Created on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 18:32
Written by Weekiat
Starting from 1 July 2013, all businesses and services conducted online in MALAYSIA will have to comply with the Consumer Protection (Electronic Trade Transactions) Regulations 2012. In short, they need to disclose the following information on the website or online marketplace where the business is conducted:
- The business name (either the name of the owner, business or company)
- The registration number of the business or company, if applicable
- The email address and telephone number, or address of the online business supplier
- A description of the main characteristics of the goods or services
- The full price of the goods or services, including transportation costs, taxes etc.
- The method of payment
- The terms and conditions of the sale
- The estimated time of delivery of the goods or services to the buyer
Failure to disclose the above information, or providing false or misleading information is an offence.
Our malaysia based merchants, please take note.