Frequently Asked Questions
It is a simple concept which already has an answer in the physical retailing world.
Selling on those marketplace platform is the same as selling your products as consignment in a departmental store.
- you cannot reach the customers directly on your own.
- you do not know much about their preferences, taste, age group, buying patterns, commonly bought together items and etc. They are NOT your customers actually.
- you cannot create a strong brand and image
- you will have to pay a huge commission or listing fee to the platform. Just like the departmental store will take a big cut
- it will be hard to manage if you are selling hundreds or thousands of products
- you cannot create your own promotions as and when you like it